BOTOX® Cosmetic is the “gold standard” for preventing and treating facial muscular lines and wrinkles. It is a simple, non-surgical, FDA-approved treatment that can temporarily reduce frown lines, crow’s feet, and forehead creases.
According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, Botox is, by far, the most popular, non-surgical way to remove facial wrinkles.
In 2018, 7.4 million Botox injections were performed—a 3% increase from 2017. In 2019, that number is expected to keep rising. Learn more about Botox:
Botox® Cosmetic At a Glance
Botox is an acetylcholine release inhibitor and a neuromuscular blocking agent with a variety of FDA-approved medical and cosmetic uses.
As quite possibly the first injectable created to prevent, reduce, or eliminate the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, Botox is also the world’s most preferred, minimally-invasive cosmetic procedures.
Enjoy smoother skin, a more well-rested appearance, and stop the formation of fine lines and wrinkles with Botox.
- Injected into skin and muscles by our using a small needle
- Prevents, reduces, and treats facial wrinkles and fine lines
- Takes up to 1-2 weeks to take full effect
- Made of purified protein produced by the Clostridium botulinum bacterium
- Works by blocking signals from the nerves to the muscles, thereby preventing muscle contraction
- Number of injections depends on the treatment area and muscle strength
- Administered by our board-certified physician, physician’s assistant (PA), or registered nurse (RN)
- Also used to treat migraines, neck spasms, excessive sweating, overactive bladder, and lazy eye
- Results last about 3 months
- Effective on all skin types and pigmentations
- No surgery
- No recuperation time
- May be used in conjunction with other treatments (such as other injectables)
- $10-$13 per unit, $200-400 per area (with 20-30 units)
- Discounts available. Save money by joining our Brilliant Distinctions program
Before and After Images
How Botox Works
BOTOX Cosmetic Injection Wrinkle Treatment offers smoother skin and a natural well-rested appearance for individuals with dynamic wrinkles.
Dynamic Wrinkle Reduction
Dynamic wrinkles are wrinkles that appear when you use your facial muscles beneath the skin to make a facial expression.
After years of squinting, laughing, and worrying, the skin around your eyes and forehead develop deep lines and wrinkles. Expression lines may often make you look old or tired. These dynamic wrinkles deepen with age and often create a terse, stressed appearance.
BOTOX Cosmetic injections relax select muscles in your face and limit their ability to contract.
By treating these areas with BOTOX, your wrinkles can be significantly reduced.
Botox Treatment Areas
- Frown lines (sometimes referred to as 11’s or 11 lines)
- Forehead lines (Horizontal lines on the forehead)
- Glabellar lines (Brow furrow lines between the eyebrows)
- Lateral canthal lines (Crow’s feet)
- Bunny lines around the nasal area
- Strong lines around the mouth and chin
The Advantages of Botox
With regular maintenance, Botox can prevent wrinkles caused by muscle movements from forming or deepening.
Fine lines and wrinkles caused by sun damage and gravity will not respond to Botox. They will, however, respond to fillers.
Is Botox Right for You?
Whether you want to smooth all of your wrinkles or you want to lessen your wrinkles to achieve a more natural, expressive look, Botox is for you!
The master injector administering your dose can adjust accordingly.
What to Expect During and After Botox Treatment
Since Botox is prescribed medicine, a face-to-face consultation is required before treatment.
At Glo, Botox is only administered by our board-certified physicians, physician’s assistants (PA), or registered nurses (RN).
Free Pre-Treatment Consultation
Your free consultation should last about 30 minutes.
At your consultation, you will meet with the qualified prescriber who will administer your injectable. They will walk you through the assessment process and conduct a full facial analysis.
Together, you will discuss your:
- Areas of concern
- Medical history (including allergies and current medications)
- Potential risks and side effects (the most common are slight bruising or swelling)
- Treatment options
- Expected outcomes
- Aftercare advice
You will have time to ask any questions or concerns you may have about Botox treatment.
Then, you will develop a custom treatment plan.
Providers use special antiseptic procedures to make sure you do not have any makeup on. During the injection, you may experience slight pain or stinging sensations at the injection site.
You will not see the full effect of your Botox treatment until 1-2 weeks after treatment.
Join our Brilliant Distinctions Program to Save Money on Botox Treatments
Become a member of the Brilliant Distinctions Program and earn points every time you have a Botox treatment at Glo MedSpa.
Your points can be redeemed for discounts on future treatments.
*Disclaimer: Individual results may vary; no guarantee of results.