Treating Acne Prone Skin and Eliminating the Scars
Acne is one of those issues that almost all of us deal with on a regular basis. According to the American Academy of Dermatology, 85% of people deal with some amount of acne between ages 12 and 24.
The most frustrating part of acne is that there is no magical solution. Acne can come from a variety of different causes and each person’s skin is unique. For that reason, there is no single treatment that works for everyone.
How Can GloMed Spa Help With Acne?
We have a variety of different treatments and products that can help fight against acne.
With active acne, we would recommend products such as the Clenziderm system from Obagi or iS Cleansing Complex + Active Serum. These systems have a multitude of great ingredients that are designed to heal and prevent adult acne, leaving your complexion radiant, even and blemish-free.
Clenziderm from Obaji uses clinically proven formulas that clean and clear up your skin.
- Salicylic acid to remove impurities, dead skin, and excess oil.
- Benzoyl peroxide kills bacteria and dries out the acne without over drying the skin.
iS Cleansing Complex + Active Serum not only helps fight acne but it can treat hyperpigmentation and wrinkles as well.
- White Willow bark has a natural form of Salicylic acid to unclog pores and gently exfoliate skin.
- Arbutin & Mushroom Extract evens skin tone and brightens complexion.
When you remove debris and dead skin cells, you can nip your current acne in the bud. These treatments can also reduce some of the other symptoms of acne, like a red blotchy uneven complexion.
What About Acne Scars?
Acne scars appear when your body produces too much or too little scar tissue to repair damage from acne. When you have raised acne scars, certain types of treatments can reduce that extra scar tissue for smoother skin.
Another common form of acne scar is something called post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, or PIH. PIH creates light brown spots on your skin, which might look like age spots or uneven freckles.
We have a few fantastic treatments that deal with the aftermath of acne:
- Fractional Laser: Heat and light from the laser removes the top layer of skin and encourages cell rejuvenation.
- Genius RF: A combination of radio frequency and fine needles that place small punctures in the skin, more collagen is stimulated when the skin heals.
- Micro-needling: Fine needles prick the skin creating small wounds so the skin will produce more collagen to repair.
Which Acne Treatment Should You Choose?
Without a doubt, we have the most effective weapons in your battle against acne. If you want to experience the results for yourself, start by scheduling a consultation.
During this appointment, we’ll inspect your skin and acne to determine the best choice for you. We’ll also be able to answer any questions you may have.
To schedule your consultation, call our medical spa today.