Have you noticed your skin becoming less firm or beginning to wrinkle, sag or deflate? Are you looking to tighten and lift your face or body without surgery? Well, a PDO Thread Lift may be exactly what you’re looking for! What are PDO threads and what are their benefits?
PDO (polydioxanone) threads are a type of absorbable suture material that has been used in surgery for decades. In recent years, they have been repurposed for cosmetic procedures, particularly for facial rejuvenation.
PDO threads are tiny, flexible threads that are inserted under the skin to lift and tighten sagging skin, reduce wrinkles, and stimulate collagen production. They come in different types and lengths, depending on the area of the body being treated and the desired outcome.
The benefits of PDO threads include:
1. Non-invasiveness: PDO threads are a non-surgical alternative to a facelift. They are minimally invasive and require only local anesthesia, so there is no need for general anesthesia or a lengthy recovery period.
2. Immediate results: Unlike other cosmetic treatments that may take weeks or months to show results, PDO threads provide an immediate lift and tightening effect, which continues to improve over time.
3. Collagen stimulation: PDO threads stimulate the body’s natural collagen production, which helps to improve skin texture, elasticity, and overall appearance over time.
4. Customizable: PDO threads can be customized to fit the individual needs of each patient. They can be used to lift specific areas of the face, such as the cheeks, jawline, neck, and brow, while treating wrinkles and fine lines.
5. Long-lasting results: The results of PDO threads can last for several months to a year, depending on the type of threads used and the patient’s individual skin characteristics. Your own collagen is building around the threads while they dissolve over a period of time.
What areas of the body can be treated with PDO Threads?
1. Nasolabial folds
4. Crow’s feet
6. Arch of the eyebrows
8. Periocular area
10. Inner thighs
It is important to note that PDO thread treatments should only be performed by a trained and experienced medical professional. Potential risks and complications include bruising, swelling, infection, and thread breakage are possible.
See our PDO Threads page for more info and to watch an interesting video on PDO Threads here: glomedspa.com/pdo-threads/
Contact Glo Medspa today at 910.256.2690 for a free consultation to discuss whether PDO Threads are right for you!